Easiest European countries to get Schengen Visa

  • Posted on February 17, 2023
Easiest European countries to get Schengen Visa

Schengen refers to the passport-free zone that encompasses the majority of European countries with common visa regulations, which includes approximately 26 European countries. A visa holder can stay in any Schengen country for up to 90 days in 6 months.

If you are considering a trip to Europe, you should first obtain overseas insurance to cover your travel medical expenses in the event of a medical emergency. It is a condition for visa applications that you have travel medical insurance that is valid in the Schengen area for the duration of your stay. Let’s see what Campus World, one of the top  Overseas Education Consultants in Kochi saying about the Schengen visa.

According to 2021 figures, more than 2.4 million Schengen visa applications were lodged at the embassies of the 26 Schengen area nations globally in the same year, which is many times fewer than in 2019.

The easiest Schengen countries to apply for a visa from, are as follows:


With only 1.3% of short-term applications refused in 2018, Lithuania is one of the easiest countries to get a Schengen visa. The statistics show that about  98.7% of those who applied for a Schengen Visa to Lithuania received a favorable response.


The rejection rate is only 3.7% in this Schengen country. However, reports also suggest that it is one of the countries that receive the least suggestions.


The Schengen Visa Statistics points out that, 38,389 of 40,657 applicants were granted an Estonian visa in 2021. Meanwhile, Russia had the most applicants, with 22,856 granted visas out of 23,268 applications.

The processing time for an Estonian visa is generally up to 15 days. However, it may be longer in extreme cases.



The nordic country is also considered one of the easiest European countries to get a visa. Also,  third-party nationals from Kosovo and Palestine are required to apply for a Schengen visa.


Latvia, the third Baltic state, too has a high number of visa applications approved. According to the 2021 visa statistics, 97.9% of applications were granted, making Latvia one of the easiest European countries to obtain a visa.

In total, twenty-one Latvian consulates received 13,764 visa applications, with 16,182 issued, including numerous Airport transit visas, multiple entry visas, and limited territorial entrance visas.


Iceland is an ideal choice for students who are looking forward to obtaining a Schengen visa, with the fewest Schengen visa applications received in 2018 and only 1.7% of applications refused. 

However, you should first check where you need to apply, as Iceland is generally represented by other countries and does not have a large number of consulates of its own. 


Czech Republic 

The Czech Republic has one of the lowest visa application rejection rates, with only a 3.3% denial rate. As a result, the country is one of the easiest European nations to obtain a visa for.

Out of a total of 207,470 candidates, 200,456 received good responses regarding their application status in 2021. The processing period for a Czech Schengen Visa is normally 15 days, however,it may take longer in some situations.


According to the Best Study Abroad Consultants in Kerala, the Republic of Poland is also a less difficult country to obtain a Schengen visa. Despite a 0.9 discrepancy with Latvia, applicants seeking a Schengen visa to Poland have a 97% chance of being approved. The Central European country had a visa denial rate of merely 3%.

Student Schengan visa 

The visa allows the holder/ student to stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of three months. If your study or training course is longer than that, you need to apply for a Long-Stay Study Visa at the corresponding country's embassy.

If you need to know more about Schengen visa requirements for students, our Study Abroad consultants in Ernakulam are available to clear your doubts.

How long does it take to get a Schengen Visa?

The processing time is usually around 15 days, but can be up to 60 days depending on the circumstances.

Also, keep in mind that you have to prove the means of subsistence while you are applying for a Schengen visa. It will prove that you have the financial stability to support yourself.

However, there is no need to be concerned because the financial requirements aren't too difficult to meet, although they do fluctuate from country to country, with varying levels of sustenance required in each Schengen state. As a result, the standards of some states will be easier to meet than those of others.

For example, in Latvia, you only have €14 for each day of your stay in the country. Meanwhile, the neighboring Estonia requires you to have €100 for each day of your visit. Most nations will want you to show that you have at least €50 each day of your vacation, which you can provide with bank statements.