Student Visa Requirements
Need assistance for visa? Speak with us, Campus World – The best overseas education consultants Kochi for France.
There are three kinds of student visas available, depending upon the length of studies in France as indicated in the letter of enrollment:
• A Schengen visa, multiple entries, for a stay up to 3 months: the student should use the short stay visa application form
• The temporary long stay visa (from 3 to 6 months), multiple entries, is valid for the whole stay. The student does not need a residency card. The student uses the long term visa application form
• One year-visa (stay over 6 months): the visa is valid 3 months, 1 entry. The student should use the long term visa application form. Within this delay, and after the arrival in France, the students must complete the proper documentation with the French school or university; have to go for a medical check-up to a doctor from the “Office des Migrations Internationales”. Then they should contact the “Prefecture de police” in order to obtain the student residency card (carte de sejour) and present there the visa, the original documents previously required for the visa, a birth certificate and the medical results.
Requirements for a student visa
You will need to furnish the original and one copy of:
• A proof of studies in the USA (letter from the school or university)
• A letter of admission from the school which the applicant plans to attend to in France
• Financial guarantee such as a notarized statement certifying that the applicant will be provided with a monthly allowance of $600.00 for the duration of his/her stay in France, or a proof of personal income along with a letter from school stating that room, board, and tuition are fully prepaid (+ 1 copy). If the host provides the student with a letter attesting that the lodging will be free of charges, and a copy of his/her pictured I.D., an allowance of $400.00 will be accepted. (Be sure to check on these money minimums, as they can change)
Need assistance with a visa? Speak with us, Campus World – The best overseas education consultants in Kochi for France.
Want to study in France? contact us, Campus World – overseas education consultants in Kochi for France
Why study in France
Each year, almost 130,000 young people from all over the world come to France to study. They choose France to study. They choose France because of its high level of cultural and technological development, its modernity and also because of the quality of life France offers, the richness of its heritage, the French language and, especially, Frances reputation in the field of higher education.
Still today, France holds a prominent position in the field of math and sciences (mathematics, astrophysics, biology, medicine, genetics, physics) with such key figures as Georges Charpak, Pierre Gilles de Gennes and Luc Montagnier. Over the past ninety years, the French scientific community has been awarded twenty-six Nobel prizes. The French government finance 50% of scientific research. The large public research institutions (the National for Agronomical Research) admit many foreign students and high-level researchers each year.
- Quality and Accessibility of its University System
French higher education has a long tradition of openness and accessibility. No distinction is made between French and international students-under French law, the requirements for admission are the same, as are the degrees awarded.
- Quality of Frances cultural, economic, and social life
One big benefit of studying in France is the opportunity to live in the place that invented savoir-vivre-the art of living well. In France you’ll have access to a multitude of athletic, touristic, and cultural activities- all at special student prices, Most of Frances institutions of higher education are located in city centres, close to cultural and social life. Museums, libraries, cinemas, theatres, and cafes are rarely very far away.
Want to study in France? contact us, Campus World