Kerala Government’s Overseas Education Scholarship
Sub: Overseas education scholarship for Kerala students
Do you want to study abroad with a scholarship? and if you are from Kerala, then Kerala government is offering scholarship to make your dream true. This Overseas education Scholarship is awarded by the government of Kerala to qualifying OBC Students wants to pursue Post Graduate and above level courses in highly rated Universities abroad. Here is everything you need to know:
Maximum Rs. 10,00,000/-
Overseas education scholarship for Kerala students is a scheme that provides opportunities to study in selected Foreign Universities in Medical/ Engineering/ Pure Science/ Agriculture/ Management / Law / Social Science Courses. Candidates should pass in first class or not below 60% marks or graduates in the same grade. But priority will be given to those who have experience in any institution with above said qualification. The higher study should be on the same subject of graduation.
Terms and conditions:
- Should have first class or not less than 60% marks in graduation. Preference will be given for experienced candidates.
- Age should be less than 40 as on 2018 December 1st
- Annual family income must not exceed 6 lakhs rupees
- Only one child of the same parents are eligible for the scholarship
- This is a one time scholarship
- Scholarship is only applicable to candidates who secure admission to any of the 200 universities listed in the notification (Check bottom line). For other universities candidate should produce necessary documents that prove the quality of the university
- Applicants need to obtain the admission by themselves
- Candidates must not change the course or the course center after obtaining the scholarship
- Candidates should obtain the admission with in one year in the mentioned institute with effect from the date of scholarship sanction.
- Selected candidates must sign a bond with the government of Kerala agreeing that they will complete the course as per the norms of the scholarship otherwise will refund the full amount to the government.
- Candidates who are receiving any other kind of scholarship/ grands should mention the details of the scholarship/ grant along with the application
- If the applicant receives any other financial relaxation to the tuition fee, maintenance fee, that amount need to be paid back to the government
- The government’s decision will be final and binding
How to apply:
Caste and income certificates,copies of certificates of SSLC/Equivalent qualification and basic qualification of currently studying course and university offer letter etc should be submit along with duly filled application form.
Need assistance? Talk with our expert
Check out more scholarships here